Singapore’s visa for family members
Singapore allows for Employment Pass and some S Pass holders who qualify to apply for visas which permit their family members to live with them in Singapore. For a family member to be eligible to obtain a dependant’s pass they must be a direct family member such as a legally married spouse, or unmarried children under 21 years of age by birth or legal adoption.
Details of the Singapore Dependant’s Visa
- Valid for the same duration as the supporting Employment Visa
- Allows an adult holder of a Dependant’s Pass to legally work in Singapore after obtaining a letter of consent from Ministry of Manpower
- Allows a child holder to legally attend school
- Eligible to apply for Singapore Permanent Residence
We make doing business in Singapore easy
Find answers to your questions about incorporation, Immigration and Corporate Services.
Submit your registration or application
We simplify preparing and filing documents
You will receive documents for your completed registration or application
Singapore’s Dependant’s Pass
Eligibility for a Singapore Dependant’s Pass
Requirements to qualify for a dependant’s visa in Singapore
Singapore Dependant’s Pass can be obtained for family members of Employment Pass, EntrePass and qualified S Pass holders. The basic requirement is that the work visa holder must have a minimum monthly salary of S$4,000.
Documents required for Dependant’s Pass application
To apply for a Dependant’s Pass the applicant must prepare and provide the following documents
Dependant’s Pass Application
- A fully filled up application form
- Must be signed by the applicant or in the case of a child by their legal guardian
- Sponsorship by a well-established company in Singapore
- Must be endorsed with the company’s stamp or seal and signed by an authorised officer
- Copy of the particulars page from the applicants Passport
Alternative Option to the Dependant’s Pass
Visa for non-immediate family members and adult children with special needs
Singapore only allows for some qualified Employment Pass, and EntrePass to apply for visas supporting other dependants other than their legally married spouse or children under the age of 21. The Long Term Visit Pass allows for qualified work visa holders to obtain long-term visas for common-law spouse, step children, parents and handicapped children over the age of 21.