Singapore residents as nominee agents for a company
Singapore requires that at least 2 of the officers for a branch office of a foreign company be residents of Singapore. If a company has no local residents agents, they will be required to engage Singapore resident nominee agents to fulfill this requirement.
Nominee Agent Service
- Singapore residents as your company’s branch officers
- Fulfills the legal requirements for a branch office in Singapore
- Quicker registration for a branch office
- Refundable security deposit
We make doing business in Singapore easy
Find answers to your questions about incorporation, Immigration and Corporate Services.
Submit your registration or application
We simplify preparing and filing documents
You will receive documents for your completed registration or application
Singapore Resident Nominee Officer for Branch Office
Singapore Resident Officer Requirement
Foreign company branch office must have 2 local resident officers
Foreign companies who would like to open a branch office in Singapore are required to have at least 2 Singapore residents as officers of the company. To fulfill this obligation, a foreign company may require the services of a Singapore resident nominee agent to act as the local representative officer for the company.
Why use a Nominee Agent?
Reasons for using a nominee agent as a company officer
Singapore requires at least 2 Singapore residents in order to register a branch office of a foreign company. The following are reasons for using a nominee agent service:
Faster Entry to Market
- By using existing Singapore residents the time it takes to register a branch office is reduced.
- Easy to fulfill the legal requirements for registration of a branch office.
- Nominee agents can also be used while awaiting for the issuing of employment passes to foreign staff
- Once the foreign staff gains their work visa they can replace the nominee agents